Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The wind and nuclear marriage - a coincidence?

I see quite a lot of wind mills here in Turkey. When I asked about it I am told that the new energy policies are promoting both wind energy and nuclear power. Does that sound familiar? For a Swede it surely does. Just less than a month ago the Swedish government launched a new policy which exactly had the same cute little marriage. Nuclear AND renewables. No more either or! I am not normally inclined towards consipracy theories, but when I hear the same story in countries like Turkey and Sweden, which current energy situation and mix are very different I get a bit freightened that somebody is behind pulling the strings? How is it in your country? Has the energy magicians suddenly also realised that nuclear and renewables is an invincible match?

No comments:

Post a Comment