Thursday, June 3, 2010

Some consolation for us grumpy old men

I am not very active on my blog now. Sorry for that, but the first reason is that I am busy writing the English version of my book. The second reason is that it is spring! I will not bother you with reason 3-10.

So just to entertain the occasional reader I post some stolen goods, here from the BBC:

Feeling grumpy 'is good for you'

Victor Meldrew sitcom character
An attack of the grumps can make you communicate better, it is suggested

In a bad mood? Don't worry - according to research, it's good for you.

An Australian psychology expert who has been studying emotions has found being grumpy makes us think more clearly.

In contrast to those annoying happy types, miserable people are better at decision-making and less gullible, his experiments showed.

more on http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8339647.stm

No comments:

Post a Comment